By Tasneem Khan
(COMMUNITY COLLEGE TEACHER)
1) Watch an English movie of your interest with subtitles and watch again without subtitles. Tell your friend or family member the story in English. What’s the movie about? (Speaking practice)
2) Read a news article and discuss with your friend or family member. Express your views if you agree or not. Ask the person ‘What do you think?’ to keep the discussion going.
3) Capture a memorable moment in your diary. Write about ‘what, where and when’ it happened. Describe it and write it in detail. (grammar and writing practice)
4) Set yourself small goals, for example, Order a meal in English.
5) Write messages in English on WhatsApp to your classmates.
6) Make it a habit and set a time: schedule your time every day for 20 minutes.
7) Apply what you learn: if you don’t use what you have learnt, you are probably going to forget it.
8) Listen to your favorite English song. Write new words on ‘post-it’ notes and stick them up around your house.