×

Our Motivation for Learning

Added: Oct 06, 2020

At EMBS, our students all have different reasons for studying with us. They have different ways of learning, different aspirations and different challenges in their lives. We work hard to get to know them as individuals and to support them in every way we can in their learning journey.

This week In Adult Learning we have been thinking about our motivation for learning. You can’t learn if you don’t know why you are learning – we all need a goal! Each student has had a 1-1 tutorial with their teacher. This was a chance for the teacher to get to know their students better and talk about their aspirations, and the ways we can help them get the most out of the time with us. Every student completed an Individual Learning Plan with their teacher, outlining their targets and identifying some steps they can take over the next weeks to make progress.

We are looking forward to supporting our students in every way we can over their time with us and celebrating their progress along the way.

Testimonials

«...I not only consider EMBS a college - I also see it as my family.... »

«I arrived in this country four months ago, without any confidence in my English and really scared to be an independent person at sixteen. I didn't know what my next steps were since the education in my country is really different. One day, my aunt bought me to EMBS. At the beginning I was really insecure as I didn't even know how to use the bus and get there, it made me feel like a child surrounded by grown up people that didn’t understand me at all. Ever since I started to study here, everything negative that I used to feel has changed completely. I’ve got to meet amazing people like Jo and Jane, who took care of me and were concerned about my future. I’ve also got to make amazing friends like Aisha and Abner that always make me laugh and feel positive about life. Of course, this is not the only thing that the EMBS has given me: they also are deeply involved in my education and they help me in any way possible to achieve my purpose, which is go to university and study human rights. If I am being honest, I not only consider EMBS a college - I also see it as my family. »

~Daniella

«...I really enjoyed my time at EMBS, meeting so many different people and making lots of fun and happy memories.... »

«Before I came to EMBS I was very shy and often felt very awkward to start conversations with people around me, I never spoke unless I was spoken to but after a few months of being here I gained confidence and was able to communicate with other people comfortably, made good friends and feel like I knew myself. I really enjoyed my time at EMBS, meeting so many different people and making lots of fun and happy memories.»

~Aakifah

«...The staff are really nice and friendly.... »

«Before I came to EMBS I was very shy and not confident, I used to be very afraid to speak English outside of college. But after several months, EMBS helped me to gain more confidence and especially improve my spoken and written English. The staff are really nice and friendly.»

~Daniel