We’re looking for new trustees for EMBS Community College as it grows its education, employment and wellbeing support to adults and sixth formers from communities in Oxford and Banbury. Set up as a company limited by guarantee to provide business support to ethnic minorities we are successfully growing that learning and employment support to an ever wider range of adults and sixth form learners and are preparing to provide even more support as COVID19 and Brexit create new challenges and opportunities. For our young people, we provide a sixth form, youth club activities and mentoring programmes. For our adults, we run English, Maths, IT & CPD courses as well as Job Coaching and Careers Advice.
Successful applicants will bring a diversity of lived and professional experience along with knowledge and skills that help us respond to those challenges and opportunities so that we meet the needs of some of the most vulnerable in our society. As part of the normal process of renewing our board membership we are particularly keen to strengthen our capacities in the areas of finance, HR and safeguarding as well as in adult and sixth form training/teaching, but above all we are looking for trustees who share our passion for developing the confidence, skill sets and wellbeing of our diverse community of learners.
The successful applicant will bring experience and knowledge, especially in the following areas:
- Financial, HR and safeguarding expertise, especially in the education and not-for-profit sector
- Delivery and funding of adult and sixth form education
- The challenges facing ethnic minorities and other groups who are vulnerable or face discrimination
No prior experience board governance is necessary, but empathy with the needs of our learners is essential
- Interested applicants should send a copy of their CV and cover letter marked for the Board Development Committee to davidatEMBS@gmail.com
- The CV and cover letter should how you meet the experience, knowledge and skills set out in the Board Member Role Description
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview – probably via Zoom – subject to the prevailing Covid-19 social distancing regulations
- Please include details of two referees with any application.
EMBS Community College operates according to the safeguarding and well-being policies of Oxfordshire’s safeguarding boards. Because of the nature of our work, we carry out Criminal Records Checks. A formal offer of a trustee position will be subject to this check.